Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Sugar and Spice

So I am a trying to catch up with what has been happening! Life is getting busy again. My sister-in-law Karen and I helped throw a baby shower for our dear friend Tiffany Harker. She is pregnant with her 4th baby, but it has been 6 years since her last baby. She was in great need of some cute girly things...it was so fun to get ready for. I was in charge of the decorations. Here is what I came up with. Our theme was "sugar and spice". Her colors for the baby room is black and pink.

This banner is made out of pink and black scrapbook paper. It says Sugar -n- spice.


This cradle and the rocking chair are Lily's. I have had them since the move and have been meaning to paint them. This shower gave me the motivation I needed. I painted them a nice pink and added some black fabric for accents. It turned out way cute. Remember the rocking chair because I have plans for how to decorate it for Lily's room. I will post the finished product!

I have always wanted to do a diaper cake. I really wanted to do one for this shower, but was not willing to spend the money on diapers (sorry Tiffany, I am cheap!), but I solved that problem by having a lovely friend of mine, Kati, who was also going to the shower and didn't have a gift, get the diapers for me. It turned out perfect. I will definitely do this again. It was so easy and turned out super cute!

Here is the finished result of the gift table. I think it turned out wonderful. I was super excited!

To go along with all the cute decorations Karen and our lovely friends had made the most delicious food ever. There were cupcakes, salsa, spinach dip, feta dip, chicken salad, all kinds of yummy breads, apples and Carmel and a yummy punch. I was supposed to be on a diet, but this shower was my downfall. I did have to eat, it was just too tempting!

And this was my gift to Tiffany. I saw this idea on this website: http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com/. I always wanted to make this and finally had my opportunity. I spray painted this frame and hot glued fabric and ribbon to some cardboard for the back! It was so fun to do and easy.

All in all the shower was fantastic. There were about 30 women who came to celebrate. Tiffany got some awesome things and we just had a good time celebrating as friends. I had a great time doing the decorations and look forward to the next party!

4 comments:

PRP said...

You did a great job! Everything turned out adorable! Just think of what we'll come up with for Thanksgiving!

tharker said...

It was so perfect! I loved every single detail. When I walked in, I had to hold the tears back!!

Thank you so much for everything! Again, I am just so glad that you are finally here! I am so grateful for your friendship Jen!!

Eliza Brock said...

You're a wonderful hostess! I love the frame you did for her. Great idea for storing hair things that always end up at the bottom of some drawer!

Mel Sims said...

Cute stuff, Jen! I'm so impressed!! =] You are a crafting maniac!