Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Free Moment

This free moment came faster than I expected!! I went to a wonderful enrichment tonight. I am surrounded by talented and lovely ladies in this ward! Amazing. The theme was "Women who Create". They focused on how each of us as women create something that is amazing to behold. And they stressed how each of us has something that we do and that we can share with one another. I love how they promote us to be strong women and women who appreciate each other. They talked about all the different ways we create, like our homes, talents that we may have, missionary opportunities, etc. Nothing was left unturned. They made us these beautiful journals for each of us that tells of things that they notice we create. It is amazing, they made probably over 100 journals and each one has special points about ourselves. Then when they served refreshments, we each had the opportunity to write in others journals.

Amazing.

Uplifting.

Inspiring.

I came home very uplifted and happy. I feel like I am in the right place. I am at home with these women. I love it.

I was so excited when I got home that I had to do something. Remember this rocking chair for Lil? I finally finished it. What do you think?

5 comments:

Linda Richards said...

It is VERY cute! I am so glad you are so happy up there. Tell all those nice women your mother-in-law is thankful for them.

PRP said...

I am so envious of your ward. You are indeed surrounded by amazing women. So glad it was such a positive night!

Camie at "Home is where they love you" said...

Very cute. You could convert it into a potty chair!

tharker said...

I love our ward so much. There are times when I feel like I'm in the wrong ward though because I just don't have that "creative" touch...but going to this Enrichment was SO good for me. It was good for me to see and understand that I have something to offer, even if it's not the prettiest sewing project, or whatever... Like I said, I just love this ward!

Lily's chair turned out so cute!

Tiffany said...

What a GREAT Enrichment!! I'm so glad I'm not the Enrichment Counselor any more because I would feel compelled to try and do it. Now I can just blame the current counselor for not doing it! :-)