Monday, March 15, 2010

So Terrible it's Almost Funny

Yesterday morning I woke to the smell of vomit.

The first thought that came to my head was "Oh, I can smell again!" (after battling a rather nasty sinus infection for 2 and 1/2 weeks this is a good thing.)

The second thought to my head was "vomit??? Who threw up?".

I know slow thinker, but it was early in the morning. Sims was up at this point and so together we went on a search. I kept saying to him, "Did you throw up buddy?" and he would reply "I don't think so?". So the search started. I went to his room thinking that my smeller was finally working so I could smell the yuck that had happened the night before, but nope that was not it. I went to the guest room, where the smell was significantly worse, but no one was in there and nothing was found. Then I opened dear, sweet Lily's door and found the vomit.

Some time in the night, she threw up everywhere and proceeded to go back to sleep and sleep in it. I know bad mom. I thought it too, but I had NO IDEA, beside the smell, that anything had happened. I woke her up covered from head to toe in vomit. Immediately ran her to the bathroom to get her cleaned up. Put her in the tub and let her play for a bit. She was happy as a clam. No, hey I just threw up everywhere, sad attitude for her, she was smiling and happy.

As she was playing, Sims and I were sitting in the bathroom keeping her company. I was distracted by something Sims had said, looked away and when I looked back Lily had POOPED in the tub. I was not too freaked out because It was a normal poop. I lifted her out of the tub, had her sit on the toilet while I let the water out to clean the tub before I could clean her. She was not a big fan of the toilet, so I wiped her bum and let her go while I set to work on the tub.

Minutes later I hear Sims cry out "Lily just pooped in the hallway." WHAT? I ran out to find a nice mound of diarrhea in the hallway. SERIOUSLY? At this point I had to call in reinforcements, here was my vomit laden baby, standing over a mound of poop in the hallway. I was about to crack. Sims ran to get Daddy. "Daddy, Daddy, Lily threw up all over her crib and just pooped in the hallway." Now I know that would be a fun way to wake up.

Daddy came to the rescue and helped me get Lily back in the tub and cleaned up the sheets from the bed. Just when you think you can handle things yourself in a nice calm way, everything blows up. Daddy was the hero.

Needless to say, Lily is FINE. She felt great the rest of the day. She was her same singy, laughy, silly self. We just got attacked by the random sickies and the mad poo bomber. (She has been on antibiotics that cause some major diarrhea).

I on the other hand, now have pink eye. Thanks Karen. I survive a month without getting it from my kids and get it from lovely Karen. Here's to the month of March, where we have been sick the entire time, we love you!

3 comments:

PRP said...

I don't have pink eye!! You can't blame that one on me sister!

Hope you feel better soon!

tharker said...

Don't feel bad. You're not the first mom to find her child sleeping in vomit. I've gone to bed late at night before and smelled something, only to find my baby lying dead asleep in it. How they can sleep while covered head to toe in their own sick, I'll never know. Poor Lil'.

Poop in the tub...just one more thing that I've forgotten about, that I now look forward to with Eva ;)

I am praying for you to all get better so that you can enjoy your trip!

LRichards said...

Oh Jen, that is such a funny story. And I am so glad I'm finished and done with that stage of my life!