Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sims and Sickness

So it is incredibly hard for me to decipher when my son is truely sick. He has had a pretty nasty cold for the last week and a half, but he is so happy all the time and seemingly uneffected by it that I just let it run it's course. Well it all changed yesterday. The little guy woke up yesterday morning, Matt got him up b/c I was at the gym. So when I came home, Matt said that Sims wasn't too interested in eating. First clue that something was wrong b/c my son is always interested in eating. So I picked him up and cuddled with him and fed him a bottle. While we were cuddling, I noticed that he smelled like vomit. So like the good mother I am, I went on an immediate search for the vomit and found it in his bed. Poor little man had thrown up in the night. So I was getting a little worried, but second guessing myself b/c aside from being a little lethargic, he was the happy go lucky kid that I adore. So I did what all good mom's do, I called my sister in law, Tiff, for advice. She of course told me to call the doc and get their opinion on whether I should bring him in or not. So needless to say, I took Sims to the doc and he came out with an ear infection and a sore throat. Which is mystifying to me b/c during the whole visit with the doctor he was smiling and laughing like nothing was going on. Crazy, I know.

We went to the pharmacy to get the rx and same thing...smiles and giggling. The pharmacy people must have thought that I was a psycho mom just trying to drug up my kid. By the time we got the rx, he had them all wooed over. It was soooooo cute. He is such a good kid, I can't complain. But it is realllly hard to know when he is sick. I guess I will just have to go by how well he eats, which coming from this family is a good barometer.

Needless to say, he is doing well and taking his medicine like a champ.

1 comment:

Jer said...

Poor little guy. It is never fun to have a sick kid, but I'm glad he's taking it in stride. I hope he gets better soon!