Monday, January 22, 2007

Music Fest Marrieds-Boise Chapter 2007

So once a week we get together with our friends for music fest. This is something that Matt and I have been doing since we went to college in Provo, but we have never done it here b/c we never had the right people to do it with. Now we do and we are having a blast. We call it music fest married b/c there has never before been a music fest where everyone in attendance is married. Crazy. I thought that it would be cool to post our weekly songs so that everyone could benefit from our awesomeness. At music fest, everyone brings one song that they think is cool to share with everyone else. It can be mainstream, but it is encouraged to do something new and diffent that no one has heard before. It is an awesome way to learn new music and to hang out as a group. So here is the music, enjoy.

Jan. 7th, 2007

John Prine-"In Spite of Ourselves"
Lokal Grown-"Love Song"
Lokal Grown-"Stink so Purdy"
AFI-"Prelude 12/21" *
Flaming Lips-"The Big Old Bug is the New Baby Now"
Eisley-"Marvelous Things" *

Jan. 21st, 2007

Cake-"Italian Leather Sofa"
White Stripes-"Hotel Yorba" *
Type O Negative-"On Holy Water"
They Might be Giants-"Birdhouse in your Soul"
Crash Test Dummies-"Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm"
Brandi Carlisle-"The Story" *

I put a star next to my favorites.

2 comments:

Jer said...

I'm so glad you posted this, because I am totally out of it when it comes to the music scene. Time to do my homework! :)

Wish we were in Boise to join you guys!

Usandthings said...

I MISS MUSIC FEST!!! I'm totally jealous, our friends around here (with the exception of Claire Ashby) have odd taste in music, I feel. Which doesn't make them bad people, just bad music-festers.