Saturday, December 12, 2009

I will remember:

Today marks the 5th anneversary of Courtney's birth.

I still remember her. I remember what a great Spirit she is. I know she is watching over our little family. I wanted to share this beautiful poem that was written for Courtney:

A Special Call

I was waiting, oh so patiently
In the Spirit world above
for the special day to come
to meet the parents I so love

Moments before my turn to go
Heavenly Father said
"My little child, a special call,
I have for you instead."

He told me I could choose
the sacrifice so great,
but the work He had for me
really couldn't wait.

It didn't take me long to choose.
I knew what I must do.
And so my dear sweet mom and dad,
My sacrifice was you.

My little body came to earth.
Never to feel you touch.
But my Spirit lingers near
Loving you so much.

The work keeps me so busy.
The time goes quickly by.
I know it won't be long until
Mom and Dad, you're at my side.

My parents don't you worry
I'll be just fine 'til then.
Our savior will sustain us
Until we meet again.

-Michelle Sims

Thanks so much Michelle for those beautiful words, they were truly inspired. I know that this is where Courtney is. She is doing a greater call than we can ever imagine. I am glad that I could be that sacrifice if it means that the work of our Lord will progress.

She changed many lives that day. Mine included. I hope that you all can know and feel the happiness that the Savior has given to us, by giving us eternal families. I give you today my testimony that this work will go forth. We are just a small part of a huge plan. I know that Courtney is happy and doing great and because of that I rejoice. We will be together soon as a family!

I love you all for your support, strength and encouragement.

10 comments:

Linda Richards said...

Happy Birthday sweet Courtney. I know she is in a good place!

Debbie Lee said...

Beautiful post, Jen. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and testimony and Michelle's sweet poem. Courtney is very blessed to have you and Matt as parents.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you on this special day. Your positive attitude and eternal perspective are inspiring! Love, Pete

PRP said...

Thanks Jen. You continue to amaze me.

We love you Courtney!

tharker said...

This poem is so beautiful, and definitely inspired. Thank you for sharing this, Jen.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Neither Dad nor I were able to read the poem and your thoughts out loud without breaking down. We know that one day we will be able to hold our sweet baby Courtney in our arms (and our baby Samuel). We love you all, Mom and Dad

AOlson said...

Jen, you are such an inspiration to me and I know Courtney is a HUGE part of you being the amazing woman that I have grown to love so much. I love you sista!!

Heather said...

Beautiful. Your family is such an inspiration... I'm so glad you are here.

::lindsay said...

Three words---You are amazing!

Amy said...

The poem is beautiful. It made me cry. I have such a hard time with this because it happened so close to me and changed my life forever. I am amazed at your strength.