Sunday, February 21, 2010

Some Awesome Stuff

I have been reading the October 2009 Ensign. In there they talk about the power the Internet has to spread the gospel. They specifically talk about blogging and how we as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints can spread our testimonies through our blogs to our friends and families. What a great idea!! I have been rather obsessed about posting cute pictures of my kids and my goings on in my life that I have forgotten a HUGE part of who I am...my testimony.

So my friends out there that read this blog, I am going to try to share the insight to my testimony with some spiritual messages and thoughts. I hope you enjoy.

Tonight I went back to read my FAVORITE chapter in the Book of Mormon: 2 Nephi chapter 2. LOVE this chapter. It just speaks to me and shares so many truths of what we believe. Mainly this chapter talks about agency. I love this concept because I have a very strong belief in our right to choose. I love Jesus Christ because he fought and died for that right. Like I said the whole chapter jumps out at me, the whole thing is highlighted, but I will share my favorite parts:

When I read this chapter tonight the first thing that struck me was when Lehi was talking to his son in the beginning telling him that he knows that his life is very difficult...then he says these powerful words: "Nevertheless, Jacob, my first born in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain."

I almost wept with these words. My life has been continuously filled with trials...the loss of Courtney, bankruptcy, miscarriage, etc. But here is the truth, I KNOW the greatness of God. I know that he knows me and knows of my pains. How healing it is to hear these words, that these afflictions that I have been suffering will be for my GAIN.

And that is why I love this gospel. Because of those simple words and the knowledge that I have that they are true. I have a strong testimony that the Lord does know me and he will continue to give me the faith, courage and love that I need to carry on through any affliction that may be necessary for me to endure. I am so grateful for these truths.

Read this chapter. It is awesome. I may come back to it later. But for now, these are my thoughts and my testimony. Love you all!

3 comments:

PRP said...

I love you.

Thanks Jen.

Heather said...

You are so wise, glad we are friends.

AOlson said...

You inspire me. Thanks. ((Hugs))