Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who's that Cute Kid?





It has been a while since I have posted pics of Sims. That was because the battery in my camera had run out and apparently I am too busy to charge it. But now we are back and I am going to share my cute kid with you all.


New things about Sims:


He has 3 new teeth. He got is top two and he is getting another one on the bottom.

He is developing a personality that is even more adorable. He loves to laugh and play.

He is doing pretty good with playing by himself at the studio, but likes it much better when mom plays with him.

He loves to get into drawers now and pull everything out. He is so cute. He goes to the drawer in the kitchen with the pots and pans and drags them all out and then bangs on them. It is so boy and so cute.


New things he loves to eat:


Corn. Mac and Cheese. Stuffing. Hot Dogs. Girl scout Cookies. Pretty much anything except cheese. The funny thing about the hot dog is that he puts a bite in his mouth, chews it up, then promptly spits it out. I guess he likes the flavor only.


New sleeping patterns:


He used to be asleep by 6:30 pm, now he goes to bed about 7:30. Blast that daylight savings time. He has been getting up at about 1 in the morning for the past couple mornings. He was not very happy with me last night when I wouldn't give him a bottle of milk to go back to sleep with. But I thought I better not let that bad habit develop. Any suggestions? Should I just let him cry? It isn't a hey I am awake mom cry, it's a HEY, I AM AWAKE MOM SCREAM. So I feel that if I don't go check on him, there is that possiblity that he has gotten stuck in between the rails of the crib or something horrible. I would love any suggestions!


He is my angel and I love him. I will take the good with the bad because every minute of being a mom is worth it.

2 comments:

PRP said...

Thanks for the pictures. He looks so dang cute. I can't wait to see him.

If it were my kid, I would go in, pat his back and soothe him without picking him up, and then go back out. If he really keeps it up, I might cave and give him the smallest sip of water from a bottle but only if you're desperate. Once they start waking up, even if it's only for a drink, they been accustomed to it lightening fast. Try to hold off if you can but always follow your gut!

Usandthings said...

Lillian's sleeping went haywire when she started teething. Because I was pretty sure it was her teeth, I would go in and give her some tylenol. After that, I let her cry for maybe 20 to 30 minutes at a time. Sometimes she puts herself back to sleep, but sometimes her crying escalates to this desperate scream that I know there's no way she's going back to sleep. I've started putting her down with a bottle of water that she can find in the night and drink herself, so I don't have to go in there, which only works sometimes. The whole thing is tough.