Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Rescue

I have to do multiple posts b/c it has been so long since my last one. Sorry everyone. I am a slacker!

Last night my friend and I were going for a walk. We were having a great time, but were trying to book it home b/c it was getting dark. We were about 1/2 mile away from home and were going pretty good. All of a sudden we saw a dog coming out of the fence ahead and both got scared. But then realized that it was stuck and not going anywhere. The poor little guy had tried to push himself through a wrough iron fence and was really stuck. It was in this really nice neighborhood that was a gated community, so my friend had to hoist me over the fence so I could go get the owner of the poor dog.

I ran up to the house, rang the bell and the guy that answered seemed very unfazed when I told him that his pup was stuck. I guess he just didn't understand how stuck he really was. He came out and tried to pull the poor dog back through, which didn't work. He ended up having to go get his hack saw and cut the wrought iron fence.

The dog was so excited to get out and I was so glad to see him out. It was sad to see him there stuck. Then I had to have the owner hoist me back over the fence. It was a rescue mission that I will never forget!

1 comment:

Jer said...

Always the do-gooder. I'm proud of you for rescuing the pup. I can't believe the guy had to hack through his fence!