Friday, October 06, 2006

Now Accepting Applications for Jen #1

So my day started out with my dear sweet son waking up at 4:45 am. You know that is going to be a bad start to the day, but I took it in stride, thinking that I was going to get a ton done today. So I efficiently fed him and put him back to bed and immediately set to work...watching Ugly Betty. I love that show, although it does cause me some pain b/c nothing really works out for her. Anyways, after that was done, I efficiently started watching ER another one of my favorite shows, but 5 minutes into it, I said "enough". I got up and started working on my busy day, which included driving to downtown Boise to p/u a projector screen I needed to return from my former employer Dr. K. So I hurried and dressed (no shower, mistake #1) and hit the road. I left the baby with Matt so that I could get my task done and do some garage selling. So off I went to the office. 20 minutes later I arrived and spent some time chit chatting with old friends and of course looking for Dr. K so I could pick up the goods and get on with my task so I could garage sale. Needless to say, old Dr. K was not around and 45 minutes later I finally track him down to a meeting he is in with the CEO of the office. Sweetly, I asked his secretary if she could get him out of the meeting so that I coudl talk to Dr. K (she is really big and really mean), she just stared at me and said, "they are in a meeting" DUH. So sweetly I said, I am sorry, I know that they are in a meeting, but I have to p/u this thing from Dr. K and get back to my baby! So grudginlgy she went and got old Dr. K, who promptly came out and said, oh, I don't have the projector screen. I left it at home, but I will return it for you. He said that with a smile thinking that miraculosly he had solved everything, BUT I had just waisted 1 hour or my life that I will never get back and that I could have spent garage selling!!!!! And right at that moment my dear sweet husband called to report that I needed to return home promptly b/c he had to get to work!!! AHHHH! Ok, get a hold of yourself. I am ashamed to say that this little episode nearly sent me into a crying, hysterical mess. But I held it together in hopes that my day would get better.

So I get home and get the baby, as I sit down to feed him, I again start watching ER. I felt that I went through a time warp and never actually left my house, but somehow it was noon. I decided, once again, that I was going to take a hold of my life, So here I am sitting in my study, typing this blog in sweat pants and a white t-shirt with a black Bra on. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to post a new blog and ended up having to call my sister in law so she could tell me! So please send some recommendations with your application b/c we need to fill this position STAT.

No comments: