Friday, February 03, 2012

Let's try it out!

Matt and I went over our monthly spending...never a fun thing to do...but what it boiled down to is that I spend TOO MUCH money grocery shopping. I think what happens is that I often "run" to the store to get something for dinner and then get distracted and pick up a little something here and there and that adds up!

So what I determined was that I need to not go to the store so often! So here is the plan...I'm going to plan out my meals for a month so that I can be prepared and cut down on shopping. So here is my meals for a month:

Every friday is Pizza night (homemade pizza or Little Cesears $5 pizza)
Every Sunday is family dinner (I only have to cook once a month for family dinner!)

Meatball subs with homemade Hoagie rolls
Chicken Fajitas/mexican rice
French Dip sandwiches/fresh fruit/salad
Ranch Chicken/Salad
Spaghetti/breadsticks/salad
Egg Mcmuffin/smoothie
Roasted Chicken/salad/fresh fruit
Taco Salad
White chicken chili/breadsticks
Lasagna/breadsticks/salad
Cheese steak salad/steak fries
Hawaiin Haystacks
Chipotle Beef Taquitos/mexican beans
Crispy Coconut chicken fingers/oven baked steak fries
Cafe Rio sweet pork/salad
Norweigen Pancakes/fresh fruit

Most of these recipes are from my new favorite cookbook: "Our Best Bites" I bought it at costco!

I can share any recipes if you are interested in something let me know and I will post it! Here is the recipe for one of our favorite Chicken recipes:

Ranch Chicken (from Kim Robison's cookbook...this is a great cookbook!)
3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
3/4 cup grated parmesean cheese (I use the stuff in a bottle)
1 pkg ranch salad dressing mix
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a shallow bowl, combine cornflakes, parmesean cheese and salad dressing mix. Dip Chicken in the melted butter, then roll in cornflake mixture to coat. Place chicken breasts in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake uncovered, at 350 for 40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

This is a lion house recipe.

Happy dinnering!

3 comments:

Heather said...

So smart... i wish I would get on board.

Kim said...

Thanks for the shoutout bff.

Amber Barney said...

Great plan, Jen! I love it. And I would also love the recipes for the coconut thing and the cafe rio pork...sounds delicious! Miss you! And post pics of your baby!!!